31.03.2012

glugg glugg … an invitation to print

Invitations with *glugg*

Invitations with *glugg*

As long as I can remember my family has asked me for event decoration (and this is the case with real and hostfamilies ;). They know how I work: at first I am quite bummed about the task, have no ideas at all, procrastinate til the last second and in the end I will pull an all-nighter if I have to. This time it was again like this. The task: to make an invitation for a birthday lunch at an Italian restaurant. Quite a sophisticated crowd to invite and age-wise a little older than I am. I didn't have an idea for a long time and what rescued me again for the probably 200th time? Pinterest of course! I found a square card with this cute idea: a wine bottle on page 1 and a glass of wine on page 2, hinged together at the top. I then changed the design completely to be a little less cute and flowery and changed the dimensions of the card. The cards are printed on 300g heavy watercolour cardstock, the envelope is made out of really old vintage paper.

Invitations with *glugg*

Because I already designed the whole thing and won't use the design again I thought it would be nice to give you the PDF of the card. You can download and use it, open it with Illustrator and edit the vector file or change the colours as you want! The text for the invitation I printed on the back of the second card. Enjoy!

Invitations with *glugg*

Solang ich mich erinnern kann, hat mich meine Familie für alle möglichen Feste eingespannt. Sie wissen, wie ich ticke: erst regt mich eine solche Aufgabe auf, ich hab keine Ideen, schiebe alles vor mir her bis ich dann irgendwann anfange und eine Nachtschicht einlegen muss. So auch dieses Mal. Die Aufgabe: eine Einladung für ein Geburtstagsessen in einem italienischen Restaurant. Eine etwas ältere Zielgruppe, eher elegant und schlicht gehalten. Was hat mich mal wieder (zum gefühlten 200ten Male) gerettet? Natürlich Pinterest! Dort entdeckte ich nämlich eine sehr niedliche Idee: eine quadratische Karte, erste Seite zeigte eine Weinflasche, die zweite ein Weinglas, zusammengetackert obere Mitte. Ich entwickelte also ein neues Design (weniger süß und blumig) und änderte die Proportionen der Karte. Gedruckt auf 300g schweren Aquarellpapier, die Umschläge sind aus richtig altem Papier, welches ich auf einem Dachboden fand.

Da ich sie nun einmal entworfen habe und das Design wohl nicht noch einmal benutze, dachte ich es wäre schön, Euch die Karte als kostenlosen Download zur Verfügung zu stellen. Ihr könnt es nutzen, in Illustrator öffnen und Farben oder Vektordaten verändern. Den Einladungstext hatte ich übrigens auf die Rückseite der zweiten Karte gedruckt. Viel Spaß damit!

Invitations with *glugg*

5 Kommentare:

Igor Josifovic hat gesagt…

I adore the attention and passion dedicated to these kind of invitations! I so loved your blogger invite for Sister Mag with the seal - I still keep it as an inspiration!

liv and lov hat gesagt…

Die Einladungen sind wirklich sehr schön und elegant...

Danke für's Teilen.

LG Simone

susanne B hat gesagt…

wow, tolls design und tolle inspiration.
Deine sites sind klasse.
Die schönsten Ostern für dich.
LG Susanne B

Anonym hat gesagt…

J'adore cette super idée de carte d'invitation!
Bravo Thea!
Have a fantastic day!

Nordic Bliss hat gesagt…

You are very talented! Really like the quality of the white paper and the details of the bag with the seal. Beautiful!