09.03.2010

Love, love, love

intro_clothhouse

I fell in love with London once over again. Yesterday I had a real work day. I did some project work for Leipzig and then in the middle of the day I took the tube to Oxford Circus and went to "Berwick Street" because I had read about some cloth shops there. My goal was to finish the front covers for my diary (choleric part will be posted soon) and I needed some kind of leather or fabric. This Berwick Street had so much more in stall than I had expected. There are a few really nice fabric stores, but also wholesale jewellery stores (as I've seen in New York and I found so great).
The most wonderful experience was this fabric store called "Cloth House". It has a very distinct atmosphere: very DIY, cute, friendly and nice, lots of details (Great Britain flag garland, wooden spools on string, vichy checqued fabric on the heating). I LOVED it and I am sure to take my mom there ;-).

The Cloth Shop

Ich hab mich noch einmal ganz neu in London verliebt. Gestern hatte ich einen richtigen Arbeitstag. Er fing mit Projektarbeit für Leipzig an und mittags setzte ich mich in die Tube und fuhr zu Oxford Circus und stattete der "Berwick Street" einen Besuch hab, da ich darüber im Internet gelesen hatte auf der Suche nach Stoffgeschäften. Mein Ziel des Tages war, die Buchdeckel für mein Tagebuch (cholerischer Part folgt in den nächsten Posts) zu machen. Dazu brauchte ich also irgend ein schönes Leder oder einen Stoff. Die Berwick Street hat mich dann noch viel mehr begeistert, als ich erwartet hätte. Neben wirklich wunderbaren Stoffgeschäften gibt es auch ganz viele Schmuckgroßhandelsgeschäfte (wie ich in New York gesehen hatte und dort fand ich es auch klasse).
Das Schönste daran war eigentlich ein Stoffgeschäft namens "Cloth House". Die Atmosphäre war richtig freundlich, sehr DIY-community mäßig und mit viel Auge fürs Detail (Holzspulen an Stricken aufgehängt, Vichy-Karo-Fahnen an der Heizung, Großbritannien-Flaggen als Girlanden). Ich LIEBE diesen Laden und bin sicher, dass ich meine Mutter dort als allererstes hinführe ;-).

The Cloth Shop

The Cloth Shop

The Cloth Shop


The Cloth Shop

The Cloth Shop

The Cloth Shop

The Cloth Shop


The Cloth Shop

The Cloth Shop

The Cloth Shop

2 Kommentare:

Melissa Fehr Trade hat gesagt…

But the prices there are INSANE! It's a shop for browsing, for people who don't actually plan on buying anything... I mean, they quoted me £50+/m for silk charmeuse, and you can get the exact same silk on Goldhawk Road for £7/m. With a difference like that, I'll take the extra 20min tube journey and messy shop floor, thanks!

Unknown hat gesagt…

Oh yes! Probably not the best shop to get metres of silk ;-). But I really liked the details!! Thank you for the tip with Goldhawk Road